Featured Post

Be Still and Know That I am God

Still and Know that I am God This Blog has come into being through events that occurred last year within my ...

Friday, March 22, 2013

Train Up a Child....

" Train up a child in the way he should go;
even when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Parenting can sometimes be so hard. I adore my kids....love them to the core. Their personalities intrigue me. However, sometimes those precious personalities can be overtaken by little aliens. I am naturally a peacemaker. So when conflict arises, I tend to want to retreat, give in, or say nothing at all. As a parent, I have to establish clear, cut boundaries. This has not been an easy task. I can see both sides of a situation all too clearly. I understand why my child may be lashing out. Because of this, I have a hard time taking a course of action. It gets frustrating for me....

As I am sitting here typing this, my verse of the day popped up.....quite interesting....

For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. (Hebrews 12:11 ESV)

Ahhh.....God does this in my life so much! I asked for wisdom and strength about a certain situation. James Chapter 1 tells us, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. "(James 1:5, 6 ESV)

I HATE seeing my kids hurt, mad, or angry. It hurts. I want to fix it. However, fixing it and not establishing consequences for actions teaches them nothing. I desire for all of my children to be responsible, loving, caring people with great integrity who are 100% devoted to the Lord. Tough love is a process of them getting to that point.

No one said parenting was easy.....but being a parent is one of the greatest joys ever!


Lord....give me wisdom to honor you in my household.

No comments:

Post a Comment