Featured Post

Be Still and Know That I am God

Still and Know that I am God This Blog has come into being through events that occurred last year within my ...

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Flower City Work Camp....

"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." (Ephesians 6:13 NIV)

This is the verse for our Flower City Work Camp this week.  Putting our faith into action.  Going out onto the streets of Rochester and meeting people, loving on them, and hopefully being the hands and feet of Jesus in everything that we do.

I have the privilege of being a part of the Sidewalk Club Ministry.  It is similar to a Vacation Bible School. Today our group went out and began cleaning an empty lot that will hopefully become a place of  acceptance and love for the neighborhood kids.   Because it was a beautiful day in Rochester, there were kids everywhere!  I believe we made a lot of great connections and hope that we will see them all tomorrow afternoon!

Never once did I feel unsafe.  We were told many times that the area we were serving was a high drug dealing area.  I felt The Lord's protection.  People were kind.  Every handshake seemed to break down barriers.  I have to say that not so long ago, I would have been scared.  I have never liked the "going door to door" thing.  But today was different.  God was leading.....such a sweet place to be!

The group of kids that I am with have such an infectious excitement for The Lord.  It will be great to see just how The Lord works in each of us this week!  I am blessed beyond what I deserve.

Here are some photos from earlier today.....

Getting sleeping arrangements settled before meetings.....



Some downtime before evening worship begins.....



A sanctuary full of teenagers worshiping  The Lord.  Such a sweet moment!

I am eagerly expecting GREAT things tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment