Featured Post

Be Still and Know That I am God

Still and Know that I am God This Blog has come into being through events that occurred last year within my ...

Friday, June 13, 2014

Critical Comments and Attitudes

Oswald Chambers once said, "Whenever you are in a critical temper it is impossible to enter into communion with God." 

Questions to ask: Am I a critical person?  Am I quick to cast blame on others when things don't go my way... or the way that I see things? Do I say careless words that I don't really mean that are critical? Do I guard my speech? Am I negative and harsh with my thoughts or comments about others? Unfortunately, I can say yes to these questions. While I don't spew out the mouth at people, my thoughts can be just as harmful. Instead, I should focus on what pleases God.... on who am I to God? 


"For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man?

if I were still trying to please 

man, I would not be a servant of Christ." (Galatians 1:10 ESV)


"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. "(Ephesians 4:29 ESV)


"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you" (Ephesians 4:31, 32 ESV)


So, according to Chambers, if I am feeling a disconnect in my relationship with God... I need to check my attitude!


Well... Looks like scripture memorization needs to be "bumped" up higher on my priority list!

No comments:

Post a Comment