Featured Post

Be Still and Know That I am God

Still and Know that I am God This Blog has come into being through events that occurred last year within my ...

Friday, November 7, 2014

Discontented Faith




I know I have felt a discontentment in my faith before.... I come in contact with many who still feel this way after years of serving the Lord. Living in America is a gift, but because we are a nation of prosperity, we tend to look for "things" to fulfill those empty places. I like how Beth Moore writes in in her study on Breaking Free....

"The big secret is that Christians are supposed to be fully satisfied with Jesus, but many still harbor an unidentifiable emptiness or need. Their unwillingness to be truthful about their lack of satisfaction in the Christian life keeps them from asking the right questions: Why do I find the Christian life lacking? How can I be more satisfied? Remember, Satan capitalizes on secrets! Secrecy always provides fertile ground for shame to grow. We grow more and more ashamed of ourselves for not being satisfied Christians. Because we won’t ask questions inside the circle of believers, the enemy tempts us to look outside for godless answers. Either Christ can satisfy us and meet our deepest needs, or God’s Word is deceptive. In the days before I began to enjoy the fullness of Christ, I somehow knew God’s Word was true and that the problem rested with me, but for the life of me I couldn’t figure out what the problem was. I served Him. I even had a love for Him, however immature; but I still fought an emptiness that kept me looking for love and acceptance in all the wrong places. Never once in my youth did I hear clear teaching about the spirit-filled life. Perhaps this is why I refuse to shut up about it now. Satan knows the Holy Spirit is key to abundant, liberated life, so he has done everything in his power to cast confusion and fear around the subject. "

Only God, through the gift of the Holy Spirit, can satisfy us... “Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.” Psalm 90:14

No comments:

Post a Comment